Access to Independence, Inc.
Board Position Details
The is more than one general board "director" position available at this time, and all vacancies have common duties related to governance of Access to Independence. Access to Independence is looking for board members with experience, lived and/or professional, that fits with the independent living philosophy. That philosophy emphasizes consumer control, the idea that people with disabilities are the best experts on their own needs, deserving of equal opportunity to decide how to live, work, and take part in their communities, and their day-to-day lives. The Board of Directors meets in-person as a full board, and there are additional committees that board members are encouraged to serve on: Executive (Officers), Fundraising and Development, and Strategic Planning.
- Board Term: Three (3) year terms, up to two consecutive terms
- Financial Contribution: Board members are not required to contribute financially.
- Faith-based Organization: We are not a faith-based organization.
- Skills: commitment to participation in agency events., fundraising and development knowledge or skills, lived experience with a disability, personal experience with a disabili
About Access to Independence, Inc.
Access to Independence (ACCESS) provides advocacy, resources, and services to people of any type of disability, and of all ages. ACCESS is proud to be a consumer-controlled organization for over 40 years, which means that ACCESS has a staff, and a board of directors, that are a majority of people with disabilities. ACCESS provides services such as information and referral, peer support, skills training, institutional transition and diversion, advocacy, post-secondary transition, youth services, assistive technology, accessibility assessment, and community impact services such as education, collaboration, technical assistance, outreach, and systems-change advocacy.
- Website: www.accesstoind.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Access.to.Independence.WI/