Nuestro Mundo Inc.
Board Position Details
We are a creative, working board. We ask board members to participate in and/or lead many different activities throughout the year, such as fundraising events, awareness events, community meetings and leadership committees. Willingness to take on leadership roles and to learn is key. Board meetings are held alternately in Spanish and English and translation is available. There are also opportunities to be involved as a committee member.
- Board Term: 3 year term (flexible), 5-10 hrs/month
- Financial Contribution: Board members are not required to contribute financially.
- Faith-based Organization: We are not a faith-based organization.
- Skills: event planning, financialaccounting skills, fundraising, marketing, spanish speak
About Nuestro Mundo Inc.
Nuestro Mundo, Inc. is a non-profit organization that provides educational, cultural and social opportunities for Madison’s ever-expanding Latino community. NMI’s mission is to develop, manage and promote k-adult language, cross-cultural educational and leadership opportunities. Nuestro Mundo, Inc holds the charter contract for Nuestro Mundo Community School and actively works to promote dual language immersion (DLI) education in the larger Madison community. Our main areas of work include:
- Supporting the growth and success of Nuestro Mundo Community School
- Providing leadership around dual language immersion education
- Working cross-culturally to promote strong parental participation in the educational system
- Website: https://nuestromundoinc.org/en/home/