Rock River Coalition
Board Position Details
We are looking for 1-2 Board members. Each Board member collects and edits articles once a year for our newsletter (that is produced 3 times a year). Typically, Board members contribute their talents to a committee, project, or activity including:
- Advocate for the Rock River Coalition, including programming, volunteering, and funding.
- Look for opportunities to expand our touch throughout the basin, across ages, demographics, and organizations.
- Perform various fundraising activities including but not limited to annual appeal for membership.
- Chapter board liaison; currently, the RRC has three chapters and each chapter needs a liaison.
- Recruit new board members (including finding your own replacement)
- Work on the website and/or social media.
- Board Term: 1-3 year terms. One 2hr meeting per month.
- Financial Contribution: Board members are required to contribute financially.
- Faith-based Organization: We are not a faith-based organization.
- Skills: and public relations., dedicated to our mission, leadership. also, team player, we would love people with skills associated with fundraising, website manageme
About Rock River Coalition
The Rock River Coalition is a nonprofit whose mission is to educate and provide opportunities for people of diverse interests to work together to improve environmental, recreational, cultural and economic resources of the Rock River Basin. Our flagship project is the Volunteer Stream Monitoring Program in which we recruit, train, equip, and support citizens to monitor streams in their communities. Citizens across the Rock River Basin help to protect our streams and rivers by collecting critical information about stream health. Together, the RRC and our partners supported 176 citizen volunteers who monitored stream health at 114 different sites in 2018.