Hancock Center for Dance/Movement Therapy
Hancock Center is a unique non-profit organization in downtown Madison, WI. The center provides dance/movement psychotherapy services and health and wellness education on-site and in the community. At Hancock Center, dance/movement therapy sessions are offered to people of all ages and abilities. Clients seek services both independently and in collaboration with other professionals. We receive referrals from public and private social service agencies, hospitals, community programs, educational facilities, and mental health providers.
Dance/Movement Therapy (DMT) is an innovative form of psychotherapy that works with the whole person integrating movement, creative process, and verbal communication. The connection of body and mind is the basis of DMT, which aims to further self-expression, healing, personal growth, and the treatment of physical, neurological, and social issues.
Position Summary: The Board of Directors shall advise Hancock Center on the management of its affairs, business, and property. The Board has fiduciary oversight of the Center and is responsible for approving an annual budget and supporting the Hancock Center's financial stability. The Board is responsible for collaborating with the staff in setting strategic direction in line with its mission and values. The Board meets quarterly with special meetings convened as needed. The Executive Committee (Board Officers) assumes responsibility as needed between BOD meetings.
1. Previous experience serving on a non-profit Board.
2. Experience in one or more areas of business operations of a non-profit organization - Accounting/Budget Planning, Fundraising, Human Resources, Law, Marketing, Board Development, Strategic Planning, Real Estate, Dance/Movement Therapy or other Mental Health Services, Non-Profit Management.
3. Knowledge of the Madison community and fundraising strategies.
General Good Faith Requirements:
1. Attend and actively participate in all BOD Meetings.
2. Stay engaged in the business of the Hancock Center as needed between BOD meetings.
3. Serve as a public advocate for the mission and activities of the Hancock Center.
4. Participate in fundraising to the best of your ability and capacity.
5. Adhere to the by-laws and policies of the Hancock Center.
6. Serve a minimum one year term.
Let's Place Calendly
This record currently have a schedule inputted into Calendly. Check back later!