Sankofa Behavioral & Community Health
Board Position Details
- Board Term: To attend and to participate in all of the board’s meetings, 2 years of commitment.
- Financial Contribution: Board members are required to fundraise on the organization's behalf.
- Faith-based Organization: We are not a faith-based organization.
- Skills: and passionate about the mission., good a networking, open-minded, respectful, willingness to lea
About Sankofa Behavioral & Community Health
Sankofa Behavioral & Community Health is a not for profit certified outpatient behavioral health clinic that was officially established in 2012. We proudly contend that our origins extend back to Civil Rights and Women’s Rights movements. These struggles for empowerment inform our practice and treatment of individuals seeking behavioral health care services. So, how does equality and fairness inform behavioral health care? We believe that even when experiencing distress, pain, and struggles, each of us have God-given abilities to effectuate change. Essentially, we believe that we are born with skills, wisdom, and knowledge to make positive changes in our lives. We already have the power, we just have to find it and use it to make ourselves happy, be our best selves, and reach our highest potential. As such, any services that we provide to the struggling and suffering, will be provided in the spirit of fairness and equality. We want each of our community members to have access to fair and equitable behavioral health services without fear of maltreatment or discrimination.
- Website: http://sankofabch.org